Instructions for Authors
- (Established January 17, 2004, 6th Revised July 9, 2021)
- Polymer(Korea) publishes original researches on all aspects of polymer science, engineering, and technology not published elsewhere. For submitted manuscripts, it is the responsibility of the author(s) to demonstrate novelty or a new approach taken in his research. The references should reflect the most recent relevant articles, and the discussion should compare the author’s findings with the results of former investigations. Authors who wish to submit their research work for publication in Polymer(Korea) in English are requested to observe the following instructions carefully to ensure that the review and publication of the manuscript are swift and efficient.
- Peer Review
- All manuscripts are subject to experts peer review. Additional corrections may be done by the editors. The editors make every effort to ensure that manuscripts are fairly and independently reviewed.
- Types of Manuscripts
- Papers include Articles, Communications, Notes, and Invited articles on the same basis. Articles are comprehensive reports of significant results and should have high scientific quality and originality. Communications should be preliminary reports of unusual urgency and significance. A more complete paper may be published at a later date. A Note deals with a limited subject which requires no further elaboration in the future. The length of both Communications and Notes should be less than 2000 words. Invited articles are reviews on the author's own research and may contain original results.
- Ethics in Publishing
- Submission of an article implies that the work described has not been published previously (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture or academic thesis), that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere, that its publication is approved by all authors and tacitly or explicitly by the responsible authorities where the work was carried out, and that, if accepted, it will not be published elsewhere in the same form, in English or in any other language, including electronically without the written consent of the copyright-holder. In the event of serious infringements of ethical obligations of authors, such as significant duplication of authors’ own papers or uncredited partial use of other people’s research results, a special committee will be formed by the editorial board to decide the appropriate sanctions including the retraction of the articles and the prohibition of publication in this journal.
- Conflict of Interest
- All authors are requested to disclose any actual or potential conflict of interest including any financial, personal or other relationships with other people or organizations within three years of beginning the submitted work that could inappropriately influence, or be perceived to influence, their work.
- Copyright. A signed copyright transfer form should be included.
- Publication Charges
- Authors must pay the fee after their manuscript has been accepted for publication.
100,000 won 6 or fewer published pages
+50,000 won 2 + page
- Proofs and Reprints
- Original manuscript, galley proofs, and reprint order forms are sent to the author who submitted the paper. Proofs should be checked against the manuscript and returned as soon as possible, along with the filled-out reprint order form.
- Checklist for Original Article
- The authors should check below items during the online submission of a manuscript. The manuscript template should be used (available at http://journal.polymer-korea.or.kr/journal/journal/template).
• The abstract should be less than 150 words.
• All the details should be visible after the size reduction of figures into 8.3 cm width. The resolution of line art (graph) and image should be higher than 600 dpi and 300 dpi, respectively.
• The journal reference style should be followed strictly.
• The length of the manuscript using the template, including tables and figures, should be less than 20 pages for invited article, less than 12 pages for general article, and less than 4 pages for communications and notes.
• The author should confirm the uploading of the manuscript file before finishing online submission session.
- Preparation of Manuscripts
- General Considerations. Authors should present their work in concise and clear English. The name of author to whom inquiries about the paper may be addressed should be marked with an asterisk. The title should be brief and accurately describe the contents of the paper. Running title should be placed between the title of the paper and the abstract. Other subheadings, such as Introduction, Experimental, Results, Discussion, and References, should be flush left and in bold face type or underlined, with initial capitalization only. The basic rule is to use SI unit for all types of units.
An Abstract. An abstract should be provided for all Articles, Communications, Notes, and Invited articles. Abstracts should explain briefly the reason for the work, the significant results, and conclusions. For full-length articles, use between 100 and 150 words in complete, concise sentences to indicate what is new, different, and significant.
ToC. All manuscripts should be accompanied by a brief summary of the key findings of the work and a graphic that represents the topic addressed. The brief summary and related illustration will be published in the table of contents. The summary should be written in English and reflect the content of the manuscript and is limited to 2~3 sentences. The graphic can be in the form of a structure, reaction scheme, graphical data, photograph etc., but not a table. The author should submit a graphic in the actual size of 4.5 cm (H) x 5 cm (W).
Experimental. The experimental methods should provide a concise, unambiguous description of materials, methods, and equipment in sufficient detail including manufacturer and country to permit repetition of the work elsewhere. Only key experimental details should be included in this section. Repetitive descriptions of a general procedure should be avoided. Authors must emphasize any unexpected, new, and/or significant hazards or risks associated with the reported work. Papers reporting data from experiments on live cells or animals must include a statement identifying the approving committee and certifying that such experiments were performed in accordance with all national, local, or institutional guidelines and regulations.
Figures and Graphs. Original copies of Figures, graphs and photographs fit to a single-column width (8.3 cm) or a double-column width (17.5 cm) without reduction are preferred. Original copies of graphs, drawings and photographs should be numbered and included in the middle of manuscript. Symbols and lettering should be compatibly sized for optimum reproduction.
Chemical Structures. Chemical structures should be drawn using a drawing program such as Chemdraw. Text settings of Arial font and 10 points size are preferred.
Nomenclature. Authors are advised to use systematic names similar to those used by Chemical Abstracts Service and the IUPAC.
References. References to the literature and all notes (except those in tables) should be numbered in one consecutive series. Reference numbers in the text should be typed as superscript numbers without parentheses or spaces. The maximum number of references for an invited article is 100. Information on a standard list of abbreviations of the journals can be found in either the Chemical Abstracts or The ACS Style Guide (2006). References should be arranged and punctuated as follows:
1. Park, Y.; Kang, H. J. The Physical Properties of Maleic Anhydride Polypropylene Film with Nano Cellulose Fiber. Polym. Korea 2020, 44, 201-207.
2. Even, R. C.; Slone, R. V. Coating Method. US Patent 6,524,656 B2, 2003.
3. Butler, G. B. Cyclopolymerization and Cyclocopolymerization; Dekker: New York, 1998.
4. Clerici, C.; Gu, X. H.; Sung, L.; Forster, A. M.; Ho, D. L.; Stutzman, P.; Nguyen, T.; Martin, J. W. Effect of Pigment Dispersion on Durability of a TiO2 Pigmented Epoxy Coating During Outdoor Exposure. In Service Life Prediction of Polymeric Materials; Martin, J. W., Ryntz, R. A., Chin, J., Dickie, R. A., Eds.; Springer: New York, 2009; pp 475−492.
Template. The authors are advised to prepare their manuscript using the official template. Formats and layouts of the electronic forms can be obtained from http://journal.polymer-korea.or.kr/journal/journal/template.
- Submission of Manuscripts
- Manuscripts can be submitted to the journal online via paper submission system (https://polymer.dubuplus.com/).
- Address of the Editor-in-Chief
- Professor Heon Sang Lee
Department of Chemical Engineering
37, Nakdong-daero 550beon-gil, Saha-gu, Busan 49315 , Korea
Tel: +82-51-200-7724 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org